https://i0.wp.com/wisconsinexecutiveresidence.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/veg-soup.png?fit=1200%2C300&ssl=1 300 1200 residence https://wisconsinexecutiveresidence.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WERFNewLogo-300x183.png residence2017-04-03 18:50:222018-07-25 14:26:22Executive Residence Garden Vegetable Soup
Executive Residence Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions chopped
- 2 cups leeks chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 4 cups green cabbage chopped
- 3 cups carrots peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 cups celery chopped
- 3 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes diced
- 4 cups potatoes diced
- 3 cobs of Wisconsin corn shucked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ¼pepper
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, leeks and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add cabbage, carrots and celery, and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes, potatoes and corn.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender.
Add fresh herbs, salt and pepper in last 5 minutes of cooking.